Saturday, February 19, 2011

Crocheting


When I was a little girl I remember my grandma Cherrington and my mom crocheting all the time so of course I would just sit and watch and want to learn how, but I had one problem I’m left handed and no one knew how to show a left hander how to crochet…:o/ So one of my grandma's sisters told her to just put the hook in my right hand. So it was my grandma Cherrington that I learned how to crochet, she would make beautiful afghans and give them away…I was very lucky to get one of them and so was some of my girls.

(This afghan is the one grandma Cherryington made)


And then there was daddy, Yes my dad would crochet the most beautiful afghans ever….I still have the one he let me pick out, I will cherish that forever…..:o)

(This pink and gray afghan is the one daddy made)


My mom did a lot of crocheting in her day. You name it she crocheted it. I think that’s where I get my love for it. I love to pick something apart that someone had made and make it…..This last Christmas Katie sent me a hat she got at a craft show in Vegas and I made one for each of the girls.

(Hannah loves Lindsey's hat....and she looks so cute in it...)

I love doing all kinds of crafts but I have to say crocheting is the one thing I always go back to when I’m looking for something to make or do.


So this year I have made it a goal to make an afghan for each of my grand-kids to let them pick one out when they get married. I know that’s a long time away being that my oldest grandchild is 11 and my youngest is 3 months old..But I figured that would give me time. I do have 2 done and almost the 3rd so if my girls are lucky I just may get them all done and more and they can all pick one too……


2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I wish I had more patience to crochet! :) You are so talented! love ya :)

Anonymous said...

Those are so pretty...I would like one that you made too! LOL